Red Panda Figurine
Availability: In Stock
We offer store pickup and local delivery!
Despite its name, the red panda is more closely related to animals like skunks and raccoons than it is to the giant panda. Endemic to the eastern Himalayas and southern China, the red panda is a solitary animal and the only living member of the family Ailuridae and the genus Ailurus.
- History: Unfortunately, the red panda has been classified as an endangered species for nearly a decade. Currently, there are an estimated 10,000 individuals globally, and that number is believed to be decreasing. The primary threats to the red panda are poaching and a loss of their natural habitat due to deforestation and fragmentation. Thankfully, the red panda is protected by law in every region in which they’re found.
- Scientific Name: Ailurus fulgens
- Characteristics: Make sure that this red panda toy figurine doesn’t lay claim to your desk or night stand – they’re known to be very territorial! Like all of our figurines, this red panda has been painted and molded with the utmost accuracy, and is sure to please even the pickiest nature enthusiast.
- Size: 4.3 inches long and 1.5 inches tall, this red panda toy figurine is a touch smaller than a soda can resting on its side.
- The Red Panda is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection
- Non-toxic and BPA free.
Ages 3 and up